Sunday, February 20, 2011

Big girl

Lainey is 7 months old today. I can't believe it! She is getting big and really thriving. This seems to have occurred because I no longer starving her. Apparently, girl was hungry. I am still nursing (which is another whole post) so she was getting about 4 oz about 5 times a day. After she turned 6 months, we were given the green light to start giving her pureed fruits & veggies. I went out and bought a few Gerber 1st foods to try out some things to see what she liked before attempting to make a bunch of baby food. Let me just say, she hasn't met anything she hasn't liked so far! I started out giving her one container of food for dinner around 6:30 and then a bottle about an hour later before doing our bedtime ritual of changing her and reading a story. After about a week, our nanny started telling me that Lainey was crying whenever her bottles were empty. So, even though it stressed me and my boobs out, we upped her bottles to 5 oz. I also started sending a container of food during the day for her to have at lunch. That made for a super happy baby! Then she started crying when her food was gone at night so I gave her 1 1/2 containers...and then 2. Then yesterday she cried so much after sucking down her 5 oz bottle that I then had to nurse her on top of that. What a little piglet!! But like I said...thriving. As soon as we started feeding her more, she mastered sitting up on her own, grew more hair, said "cat" and "mama" and gained like 5 pounds and 6 inches (okay, not really...but she is definitely a lot bigger!). Also, I don't mean to brag, but my baby is totally a genius. When I say that she said "mama", she was totally reading it off this book: Well, she definitely was holding this book and it was the first time she said it! And she said "cat" when Sparky jumped up in the glider with us one day. I know you don't believe me which is why it so happened that I caught it on tape. Behold:



We're not sure it wasn't just a fluke but she has since called our neighbors dachshund "cat" and when the cats walked in the room one day, Troy goes, "Lainey, say 'Hi cat'" and she promptly parroted him. I'm just saying...pretty impressive! And really cute & funny. :) Oh, and to all you people who joked that our kids would be so pale & so blonde, it seems the joke's on you! I mean, pale, yes. But blonde...actually, not really. We have moved to the recessive of recessive genes and appear to have more of a redhead on our hands. Actually, it's kind of a strawberry blonde. Troy is already stressing out about having a hot redhead as a daughter. She may never be allowed out of the house on her own.

1 comment:

Laura Burkehart said...

Cutest and smartest baby ever!