Friday, March 11, 2011

I need a mommy makeover

Really...I keep waiting for Stacy & Clinton to jump out at me at work any day now. I can't recall a time when I have felt so blah and drab (and that includes during pregnancy!). Getting up each morning at about 5:15 doesn't really leave me motivated to spend much time getting ready. And I haven't purchased much in the way of (non maternity) clothing in a few years because before I was pregnant, I worked from home. So now I feel totally out of place in my corporate office where women wear smart suits and fashionable heels. I find myself trudging around in NY & Company pants, Target boots and JCPenney tops. I haven't gotten my hair cut in a salon since I was out on maternity leave and I haven't gotten a pedicure since I was pregnant. Who have I turned into??

I'll tell you who...those bedraggled Moms you see out at Wal-Mart in Target jeans and knock-off Ugg boots. I'm not quite there...but that is where I'm headed if something doesn't give.

I know a lot of it is because I don't have a leisurely pace anymore. I get up at 5:15 to leave my house at 7 and don't get home until 6:15 and go to bed about 10. I'm exhausted all the time and can barely get dinner on the table, much less plan out or shop for nice outfits. Also, I'm cheap. Troy picks on me about this all the time but it really is true. But when you pay a mortgage payment in childcare each month, you feel guilty about shopping for fancy clothes for yourself.

So, Stacy & Clinton, come & get me. Just please don't let Carmindy go crazy with the bronzer or Nick to insist I need a short bob.

3 comments:

Sycorax Pine said...

A couple of weeks ago, when I was in Hawai'i, I went clothes shopping for the first time in two years. Since before I moved to Canada. (Because, for some reason I incompletely understand, I am intimidated by shopping in Canada.) And now that I'm wearing my new clothes, people *keep* asking me if I've just lost a lot of weight.

And I haven't. I really haven't. I just don't look downtrodden and threadbare and ill-fitted any more. As (unwittingly) I had been looking for several years now.

Laura Burkehart said...

Let's go shopping this weekend! Also, you know I would NEVER let Nick give you his signature soccer mom hairdo.

stacie28 said...

Hi Holly! I need a mommy makeover too!!! I would really like to feel as beautiful and youthful as I once did before having my children....My girl and boy mean the world to me but I think it's time to take care of myself as well! Can't wait to look attractive again!