Sunday, June 5, 2011

Updates & stuff

Things have been busy busy at the Benton household. Lainey is growing and seems like she learns a new "trick" every day. Yesterday, she whistled. Swear! She did it three times. Thankfully Troy was there to hear it too because at first I wasn't sure that's what I really heard. Too funny. We have also been making lazy attempts at teaching her some basic signs. So far she has yet to sign anything back to us. Instead, she's gone straight to answering us. When I do the sign for "more" when feeding her, she has taken to nodding or shaking her head in reply. Where does she pick these things up??

Yesterday she and I met my Mom in Burlington to do a little shopping. I was actually able to find some things which was a nice change. And the only things purchased for Lainey were a cute little food tray (can't wait for her to hurl that at my face) and a hat because my Mom decided I need to have one to keep in the car at all times. :) I also decided that I should buy a new bathing suit top. I just don't feel comfortable wearing my old bikinis with my post-breastfeeding boobies and post-C section belly. Also, you apparently can't lose those last 10 pounds of baby weight by not exercising and eating lots of junk. Go figure. So...I was on the quest for a tankini. Now, am I mistaken or did they not used to have cute ones? It seems that only octogenarians wear these nowadays as those were the only types that I found. It's like Tommy Bahama's grandmother out there, y'all. I finally found a decent top that I will pair with some plain black bottoms I already own. It will go lovely with my lily white legs!!

In other news...there's not much other news. Troy's business is doing really well. In fact, he's considering hiring someone later this summer (so if you know anyone with an interest in IT, let me know). I'm in a little bit of denial that my baby will be a year old soon. But I better get on the ball if I plan on actually doing anything for that milestone!

More pics to come soon. :)

No comments: