Friday, March 2, 2012

Day-to-day

I ran out of deodorant this week. This isn't a big deal...I had the forethought to buy another one during my last shopping trip. The alarming thing about this is...all I could think when I took out the new deodorant was, "This is the deodorant I'll be using when the baby arrives." Y'all, we are getting so close!

Also, another realization I just made: I HAVE STRETCH MARKS. I did not get any with Lainey and I used cocoa butter lotion every day. But they say that stuff doesn't work so I slacked off and haven't used any this time and now I HAVE STRETCH MARKS. Ugh. They're on my belly so it really looks like I'm going to just burst wide open.

But here we are folks...I'm halfway through my 36th week. I went to the doctor today who informed me I'm "fingertips" dilated (which means less than a cm). So not much going on although she's now definitely in head-down position. When I go from a sitting to standing position, it feels like she burrows her head way down into my bladder. So then I make the uncomfortable waddle to the other end of my work building to go to the bathroom. I think I'm going to have to just move and set up shop in the big stall soon. Other uncomfortable symptoms include back pain, calf cramps, heartburn, Braxton Hicks contractions and tiny limbs jabbing me from within. Yet despite all that, I do enjoy being pregnant. :) There's something so bizarre about the fact that I'm growing a little person inside of me that it's just too fascinating not to be pretty excited about it. I can no longer tie my shoes, lean over things or see certain areas of my own body. But when I look at the weird bubble growing on the front of me when I'm about to get in the shower every morning, I do tend to marvel a bit.

1 comment:

Childress Family said...

woohoo- only another month!
I tried the stretch mark creams but they did nothing....my stomach looks like it has been attacked by a tiger. It is all worth it though!