Saturday, June 16, 2012

Here we go

No, I'm not talking about Budweiser. I'm talking about the end of my maternity leave (which will necessitate some Buds). Where did the time go?? I know every returning-to-work mom thinks that but I don't know how 10 weeks have gone by so quickly. I remember leave with Lainey seeming longer but that's probably because I spent a lot of time just sitting on the couch staring at her and this time I have been busy. Busy? I say that but I'm not sure what I've been doing. The "to do" list I created at the beginning of my leave is still hanging out with hardly a thing marked off. But we've also done plenty of fun stuff, like going to the zoo, parks and the museum. I have had the best time getting to be with my girls (and Troy). And even though I go back to work on Monday, we started the girls at their new daycare this week so we could all hopefully adjust while I was still available. Uh, yeah. It hasn't been going so well but that is another post. I can just say that it is actually easier to drop off a baby than a toddler because a baby is happy as long as she's being fed but the toddler definitely knows she's being left and she doesn't like it. But I can't dwell on that right now. Tomorrow is Father's Day and my last day of leave. I'm going to soak it up and try not to dread Monday.

No comments: