Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Date Night 2013

Troy decided that we should go out on an actual date. This happens so infrequently that I dubbed it "Date Night 2013." I was trying to think of the last real date we went on, not counting anniversaries or special events, and I honestly can't think of one. My sister was nice enough to come spend the night with the girls so we could go out. Since I've been craving sushi lately (I haven't had any since I became pregnancy with Lainey), we knew that was going to be what we ate. Our neighbor recommended Yuri in Cary and he was spot on...it was delicious!! Good enough that I took pictures of the food:




Seriously...delicious! Go there if you're in the area. 

We wrapped up dinner by 9:30 and were trying to figure out what to do next. We figured it was pretty early to try to go to a bar or club (we imagined ourselves sitting around before they've even dimmed the lights and thought that would be pretty lame). So in throwing around some ideas, I suggested bowling. Troy called Sparians but they didn't have lanes open until 11:30. He checked and found a Buffaloe Lanes nearby so we decided why not. They have "Starlight Bowling" starting at 10:30 so we went on over and got signed up.  Since I was in sandals, I had to buy some socks. I think it was $3 well spent, don't you?



Starlight Bowling wasn't all that different from regular bowling. They dimmed the lights on the lanes and turned on some little white twinkle lights but that was about it. I thought the music would be a little more hip but it was some cool classics like YMCA, The Electric Slide and The Macarena. Oh yeah.


Before Starlight Bowling.


Starlight Bowling!

We did have a good time though. We got home around 12:30 and went right to sleep since it was so far past our bedtimes. Hopefully it can be more than an annual thing! I'm still dreaming about that Ahi Tower...







No comments: