Thursday, February 11, 2010

Pregnancy Update


I am halfway through my 17th week and everything is going well! We can't wait until our next appointment on the 23rd to get the ultrasound. Don't forget to vote in the poll to the right about whether you think Baby Benton is a boy or girl!

Latest stats:
- Still feel good. In fact, most days I wouldn't even say that I really feel pregnant.
- Tired but not as much as in the beginning. Although lately I seem to have some weird pg narcolepsy in the evenings where I will just conk out on the couch even if I'm trying really hard to stay awake (totally did this at our neighbors while watching the Hurricanes game...I just can't help it!).
- My cravings have still been mostly dairy. Haven't really liked chicken since I tried to eat Chick-fil-a on my birthday in December. I mean, seriously, who throws down their Chick-fil-a sandwich halfway through?? Apparently this girl.
- Need to put down the peanut M&Ms. Really...I have a giant bag that I keep in my drawer at work and I am nearing the bottom. Speaking of bottom, I think they are settling in that general area. Hmmm.
- My chest is still sore but I only notice it conveniently in the middle of the night when they wake me in pain as I roll over. Fun times.
- Troy & I are endlessly fascinated at my belly's new texture. It feels like an exercise ball...very tight (a new sensation for me in the belly area...haha!). It's kind of fun to poke. Not too hard, of course. Troy gets nervous when I do that but the doctor practically pushes through to your spine so I'm sure my light poking isn't doing any harm. Right...RIGHT?? I'm sure it's fine.
- I have been in maternity clothes for a couple of weeks now. FYI...Old Navy has awesome maternity pants. They are "real waist" pants...no stretchy panel. However, why is it that maternity pants seem to be so long in the crotch? Is that in case you actually have the baby while wearing them? I just don't get it. Also, they must really expect your rear end to become huge because they are also very generous in that area.

That's about it for now! Our latest thing is shopping for nursery furniture so hopefully we'll get that ordered soon. Then it will be time to paint and pick out bedding! I'll post pictures of everything as we get them. Stay tuned!

No comments: