Thursday, November 4, 2010

The First of Many Firsts

In the past two weeks, Lainey has had her first real cold and her first Halloween. Then last Wednesday, she rolled over for the first time! I don't have it recorded yet but here is my little chatterbox doing some tummy time at daycare last week:



Wednesday evening, we were all in the bonus room. Troy was playing his new X-Box (oh boy) and so I had Lainey on her play mat on the floor with some toys. I thought we'd do some tummy time so I turned her over onto her stomach. She ordinarily is not a fan of tummy time so I was ready for crying. But instead she lifted her head up in sort of a push-up position and then got one arm under her and flipped herself over onto her back. I was shocked! I said, "Troy! She just rolled over!" and he said, "Nuh-uh!" and paused his game while I flipped her back over. Sure enough, she repeated her trick and looked surprised but pleased to find herself back on her back. So I grabbed the camera, flipped her back over and sat back to record. Yeah...mostly just screaming and crying. I guess she'd had enough! I kept trying for awhile but she just got more and more angry so I gave up. I will have to capture it another time. (And I will try to post the video from that night even if it doesn't show her rolling over!)

When I dropped her off at daycare the next day, I told April how she had rolled over. She was so surprised and said they had done about 30 minutes of tummy time on Wednesday without her even attempting to roll over. She said she would work on it with her today and sure enough, before lunch I had an email (and the picture above) saying that she had done it at least 3 more times. I am just so glad that Troy and I got to see this "first first" for ourselves. I know with her being in daycare, we will likely miss a few of these milestones. So it was nice to get to see this one. And now she can stop growing. Seriously.

1 comment:

Laura Burkehart said...

Such a big girl! She's growing so fast...she looks so different from her strawberry pic!