Monday, January 2, 2012

Seasonal Selection

As the holidays are now wrapping up (yes, we're finally getting the last of our Christmas things stuffed back up in the attic), I wanted to reflect on one of the oddities of this time of year: seasonal foods. I can't think of any other time of the year when they briefly come out with such deliciousness only to take it away again. Why must I wait a whole year to have these treats again?? The only other thing I can think of that they do this to is Cadbury eggs at Easter (which coincidentally is my favorite candy...why do I always fall for the temporarily available things?). For the past week I've been scouring the local stores for my Cranberry Sierra Mist but I think it's all gone. So good-bye non-stop Christmas music, festive lights and Pumpkin Spice Coffeemate. So long holiday classics on ABC Family each evening and white-fudge covered Oreos. Oh, how I will miss you all...

No comments: