Sunday, January 15, 2012

Doh-mesticated

Well, folks, it's 2012 and I feel like I'm finally hitting my stride. Maybe it's nesting kicking in, but I feel like I'm finally getting into a comfortable groove with the whole work, mother, wife thing. I know, I know...I'm a little slow. When I told Troy this newsflash, he said, "Well, it's been over a decade...it's about time!"

I'm not sure why I feel so settled into things. Maybe it's the fact that Lainey's much more self-sufficient now. She's walking, she can feed herself (for the most part) and she can entertain herself in her playroom. I've also been a much better cook I think. I've never been very culinary but I've been trying out lots of new recipes lately and feel much more comfortable in the kitchen. I can't really take credit for the cleanliness of our house considering we have someone clean it every three weeks. But I do feel like I've been much better at managing my time at home in order to keep things tidy and cleaning up in between the cleaners.

You're probably thinking, "Well, that's great Holly. But you know you're getting ready to have another baby..." Yeah...that's why I wanted to jot this down now. I know in 3 months, things will be upside down again in this house so I wanted to remember the calm! Maybe so that when I get frustrated about not having any time with a newborn, I can read this and remember that it gets better and that I can handle it.

1 comment:

Shay-Zee said...

You hit your stride faster with the second! I know exactly how you feel.