Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Babymoon

Well, here we are folks...30 weeks. I can't believe it's here already and that I'm 3/4 of the way through this pregnancy. As you can see, I am looking rather ripe these days.


(So, I realize my belly looks oddly squared off in this picture. Again, I think this shirt was doing weird things.)

That picture does absolutely nothing for my boobs. I swear they're not that saggy...that shirt just has a drape-y front. But you can see that Baby Girl is getting bigger (about 3 lbs now) and poking out more. She kicks and bounces around a lot, especially after I eat.

Things around the Benton household have been rather uneventful. Not that we've not been busy, but we've not really done anything exciting or gone anywhere in ages. So that's why it was so nice to get out of town last weekend. Troy's cousin was graduating from the College of Charleston so we decided to make the trip and have that be our little "babymoon." It was so nice! I had forgotten how refreshing just a long weekend could be and it was nice to go somewhere besides just Greensboro or Goldsboro and really get out of town.

Troy had never been to Charleston and I think he was pretty smitten with the town. Course, I think that may have something to do with all the cute college girls running around, especially when he's sitting next to a swollen something in a large pink sundress. Anywho...it was a great weekend and we basically ate and walked around which was perfect. Here are some of the highlights:









I had to have some shrimp & grits while we were there!



And no trip to the Battery would be complete without seeing the Piggly Wiggly house.



In case you're not familiar, this is the house of the owner of the Piggly Wiggly grocery store chain. There are two large stone pigs at the base of his front stairs that they often dress up for the holiday or season. Guess they'd already tossed their cap from graduation.

So that was probably our last trip as just a couple. Hard to imagine! The next time we go on vacation, it'll likely be with loads of baby gear and it'll take 3 hours to pack and leave the house and then we'll have to stop every 30 minutes. We can't wait. :)

No comments: