Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Heat Is On

Seriously, it is way hot out. I love how we have an "unseasonably warm" summer when I'm pregnant! Oh well...thank goodness for A/C.

So I am now officially one month away from my due date. The scarier fact is that the baby will be full term a week from Sunday. Yikes! The little green lady to the right just keeps on marching closer & closer to 40 weeks and I am just dumbfounded. Here's hoping we'll be ready!

One thing that definitely helped was a shower that my sister and friends threw for me last week. It was so much fun and BB (Baby Benton) got lots of great stuff! Here I am enjoying a (virgin) daiquiri with Aunt Laura:



It was a fun tropical theme. Keeping in that theme, baby is about the size of a honeydew melon this week. And I look like 2 grapefruits on top of a watermelon. I can't imagine getting much bigger but I'm sure I will with another month to go. It's funny though...I guess when you get close to 9 months, you cross some threshold. Now people have started telling me that I don't look that big (so they are obviously lying). Even Troy has started to say that I look totally normal except for this large bubble on the front of me (which is actually a compliment considering before he just told me I was huge). ;)

I hope you are all managing to stay cool in this heat. Have a great weekend!

No comments: