Thursday, June 3, 2010

June already?

As much as I have been waiting for this time of year to get here and thinking it would be forever, it has somehow managed to sneak up on me. I can't believe it's already June and that we're just about 6 weeks away from our due date. Wow!

Things haven't been too exciting around our house lately. Troy has been doing a lot of tinkering and organizing & reorganizing the garage. You would think the baby would be living out there with all the time he has devoted to that project but I'm just glad he's happy and getting it done. I have been doing a lot of...who knows. The days go by and I feel like I'm so busy but I haven't really managed to tackle much on my to do list. Troy was saying this morning, "Babe, why did you wait until you got so big to want to do everything? It's only gonna get worse." This is true. I suppose it's just my nesting gearing up or maybe just the panic setting in that this baby will be here soon but I am finally getting motivated to get stuff done.

As far as a baby update...she seems to be doing great! She is definitely bigger now and I can feel her taking up a lot of room in my stomach instead of just feeling her in one corner or another. I don't think she's ready to come out yet because lately she has been trying to crawl up under my ribs and stay as high as she can. For awhile I thought she would be a mellow baby because she didn't move around a whole lot but now I see she was just fooling us. She kicks and moves quite a lot and it's endlessly entertaining to me to watch limbs and lumps and bumps move around just below the surface of my belly. One of her favorite things to do is to stick her rear end out (she gets that from her Daddy) and she also does a happy dance after eating (she gets that from me). She especially likes Mexican and anything sweet. I bet she's gonna be a handful. :)

Also, as I am scurrying to get things done, I am shamelessly taking recommendations for anything from vets, day care and infant photographers in the Raleigh/Durham area to advice on bathing, swaddling, sleeping, etc. Maybe I'm crazy but I will let you tell me how to properly bathe my baby and let you feel the belly! ;)

1 comment:

Shay-Zee said...

You are very brave to solicit advice. I won't offer any right now. You just call me if you need me. I am an expert swaddler and we have tried everything for soothing a baby. Your sister has my number. Have a great few countdown weeks! You're going to love being the mom to a little girl.