Thursday, November 17, 2011

It's a girl!

I think most people were guessing girl this time around. We do make cute ones. ;) But yes, Nugget #2 is indeed a little girl! Troy called it the second the ultrasound tech moved into that area. He was like, "I've seen that before!" I was really excited. As much as I complained about the fact that we didn't get our ultrasound until nearly 21 weeks (with Lainey it was around 18 weeks), I'm now glad for the wait. The baby looks so much more developed and we got great pictures of her! They gave us a disk with them and we got a few 3D pictures and it is amazing how much she already looks like Lainey.





After our appointment, we decided to go to Buy Buy Baby. And I have to admit...it just wasn't that exciting. Since we're leaving the nursery as-is, there really wasn't much to look at. After making our rounds of the store, we decided that the only things we'll need to purchase for this little girl will be furniture (Lainey's will go with her to her new room) and a double stroller. So we looked at the furniture and picked out a set that we like and I had already done research on the stroller so we briefly checked it out. And...that was it! Then it was on to dinner because Troy said he "needed a drink."

So more to come but we're very excited about having another little girl. I think Lainey will love being a big sister and I think this little girl will probably want to be just like Lainey. We're still working on a name...we have one that stands out but I want to marinate on it a bit and make sure it's the one before releasing that information.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Congrats! They will be great friends!

Amanda said...

So excited for you guys! I love to watch my girls interact with each other. They are so loving.