Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Holiday Season

There is just something about this time of year. It is my favorite time of year, and not because my birthday is tucked away in there somewhere (don't worry, I nearly forget about it now too). No, there is just something magical and almost tangible in the air!

One magical thing so far this season: Rowdy is now behaving! He must have known how close he was to becoming someone else's problem because for the past week, he's been totally normal again. No more messes on the carpet and he's even been a lot more social. He must be feeling the sentiment of the season too!

Our Thanksgiving was very nice. Lainey was able to partake this year and thoroughly enjoyed that. My parents loved having us and seeing Lainey running around now (yes, running...the thing about waiting until you're absolutely sure you can walk is that you're pretty much a pro from your first steps). She is so cute toddling around! She used to Franken-baby with her arms in the air or swagger around like a tiny cowgirl but now she looks much more normal. She kept my parents entertained with all of her new sayings, like, "Move!" (yeah, we're working on adding "please" to that), "Eat your food!" (accompanied by a wagging finger) and "mess!" As you can tell, she's becoming quite the little bossy-pants. Her Daddy is also teaching her some key phrases, like, "poots" (while pointing to her rear end or calling it out when she hears someone else poot) and "giney" for her vajay-jay which she has discovered during diaper changes. Thanks Troy. :-P But even though her vocabulary isn't the most scholastic, we are rather impressed with it. She picks up about a new word a day it seems. This week has been "tree" (Christmas tree appearing in her living room), "man" (for every snowman she sees) and "nasty" (April apparently says this a lot while changing their diapers and said now Lainey goes around telling the boys they're nasty).

As for the other little nugget, she is thriving and kicking! I'm 23 weeks this weekend and "blossoming" as one coworker said. Better than a male coworker who say me and said, "Whoa...you got big! When are you due? Man, you have a long way to go." Ah...back to those fun days! My third trimester with Lainey was pretty much made up of people telling me how huge I was so I expect nothing less this time around. :)

So getting back to the magic of the season...I am slowly decorating. Lainey likes the sparkly "balls" on the tree and swats at them more than the cats. Actually, the cats just like to sleep under the tree and otherwise leave it alone. I'm thinking I'm going to take a day off work and stay home and bake which I am oddly excited about. I have made sure that I'm stocked up on things that I think one needs for baking, like vanilla extract and baking soda. This should be an adventure! But being home by myself, baking and blasting Christmas music seems like a pretty perfect day right about now. I almost wish it would snow! :)






No comments: