Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It looks like we're having a baby

As in, our house now looks like it is ready to take on a little bundle. :) Here is what the nursery looked like before:



And that was after we got the guest room furniture out of there! The gate that you see is something we purchased and put up to keep the cats out of the room. So far, so good (knock on wood).

Here's the room totally cleared out:



And here I am at 22 weeks:




Then Troy did the painting. FYI...he picked out the colors and the pink was totally his idea. He is "embracing girl stuff." I think he did a great job! We also finally got nursery furniture after deliberating on the topic for a couple of months and countless trips to Buy Buy Baby (my favorite baby store).







You can see our new ceiling fan in that last one. I read an article about how ceiling fans are the new weapon against SIDS so I had to have one in there. We also ordered the bedding set. We love it! I wish you could feel how soft it is through these pics. We will be ordering more from the set but this is a good start.





So all in all...I'm pleased! Troy has taken to calling this room "the happiest place on earth" (or HPOE for short). All that's left are the glider and about 10 tons of plastic stuff. Oh yeah, and the baby. Seventeen weeks to go!

1 comment:

Sycorax Pine said...

OK:

1) Troy's attitude to fatherhood makes me giggle with appreciative glee. I love the idea of him in the store, contemplating various possible shades of pink.

2) I love the crib; it is gorgeous, with that dark wood. It looks like the HCOE.

You guys rock! You are going to be the best parents.

love,
Ariel