Thursday, July 1, 2010

July = Baby

I apologize for slacking off a bit in my blogging. To make it up to you, I plan to add a slideshow on here of the belly pics we've been taking weekly since finding out I was pregnant. It has really been interesting to watch my belly (and other things) grow! It's funny looking back...I thought I was so obviously pregnant around the beginning of my second trimester and now I look at the pics and it's like, "Oh, what a tiny little bump I had!" And then we get to 24 weeks...

Anywho...we've been busy getting the house together and washing baby things and just generally preparing ourselves for the fact that we will soon be bringing a tiny, helpless little person home. That just almost doesn't seem legal.

Now for the Holly & baby update. To put things into perspective for you, I'm typing this at work while wearing flip flops and with my feet propped up on an empty paper box under my desk. So needless to say, the recent boiling temps have been taking their toll on me. By the end of the day, my feet and ankles are huge. Troy has coined the term "facankles"...as in, not just cankles, but fat cankles. Yeah, it's pretty awesome. I also quit wearing my wedding bands a few weeks ago because if my hands would swell, it was awful trying to get them off and I didn't want to end up having to have them cut off or something. So now I look like a knocked up floozy with facankles.

Baby is still doing great...just getting crowded. She now does what I call her fish flop where it seems like she gets to frustrated at her lack of space that she does one mighty flailing to change position. It's pretty entertaining. :) And I still love when she pokes her little feet out. I can't wait to grab those little feet!

I go back to the doctor tomorrow morning so we'll see if there has been any progress from last week (where they said no dilating and they think she'll sit tight until sometime around her due date). I'll keep you posted!

No comments: