Thursday, January 21, 2010

Jinx

Well, I should have known better than to open my big mouth. Just hours after writing that last post where I talked about how great I've felt and haven't been sick at all, I was hit by a horrendous stomach bug. I started feeling pretty bad stomach cramping around 3 p.m. on Tuesday but managed to make it through the rest of the work day. Then I came home and took a short nap. Troy woke me up because our neighbors were coming over for dinner and I tried to fix it but was doubled over in pain so Troy had to finish up. I felt so bad...right as Troy put dinner on the table and we all sat down to eat, I had to run upstairs and be sick. And then I had to do that 3 or 4 more times that evening while our neighbors were here. Even after they left, it continued on until 2:30 a.m. when I just had nothing left. I slept curled up in a tense ball the rest of the night and felt like I'd been run over by a truck the whole next day. Not fun! I never take off work sick but I had to take off 2 days just to recover from this mess. Don't worry though...Troy called the doctor's office and they said I'd be fine if I just drank fluids. As a side note, Pedialyte is awful...tastes like horrible orange medicine.

Anywho...I've done little more than slept the past 2 days and am ready to get some energy back and feel more like myself again. Thank goodness the weekend is nearly here!

Hope everyone out there is staying healthy and feeling good! And to all those mothers who suffer with nausea...I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU DO IT. Having stomach cramps and feeling like I needed to throw up but I couldn't for 2 hours at work was awful and I know people suffer like that for weeks, if not months. Bless you!!!

No comments: