Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Pregnancy Update

I am a couple of days into my 14th week and I still feel great. It seems like it took so long to get to 12 weeks but now the past 2 weeks have flown by! But I'm very glad to officially be in my second trimester and also to actually be showing. I start showing right at 12 weeks (pretty much on the nose) but I can still wear some of my regular clothes. I'm trying to wear them as long as possible (with the aid of my Be Band) because I'm sure people will get sick of my maternity wardrobe pretty quickly. However, I have a feeling that by February I will probably only be able to wear my maternity stuff. Anywho...here are some of my latest stats:

- No crazy cravings but I have been loving some cheese! Also, I've been ravenous the past week or so.
- Still no nausea or sickness, thankfully
- My chest is still sore and I swear it grows by the day (I've even started sleeping with a sports bra on to help hold them down and keep them from hurting when I roll over)
- Another thing I'm thankful for is that I don't think I'm really gaining weight anywhere by my uterus (truth be told, I haven't been weighing myself but I've never really done that anyway)
- I haven't been too crazy or moody (per Troy) so that is good
- We bought the stroller & car seats yesterday! Our first big baby purchase...we got a deal on them from a couple on craigslist so we went ahead and got them (they were the exact ones we wanted and in great shape).
- We go to the doctor on Monday and get to hear the heartbeat and then again in 5 weeks for our next ultrasound where we can hopefully determine the sex.

So lots going on in the Benton household! Troy's been doing really well too. He's been working really hard on the business, especially lately (gosh, I can't imagine what could have motivated that!). For the record, he is still winning our belly contest but I am definitely gaining on him (no pun intended) and I think will have passed him in the next couple of weeks.

No comments: