Monday, January 11, 2010

This pregnany is starting to sink in...

I am now at 13 weeks which is very exciting because it means I'm moving into the second trimester. I have been extremely lucky because so far, I've felt totally fine and have been doing really well. It was great not being sick, but in a way I almost wished that I had been (just a tiny bit) because at least then I would have felt more pregnant. My being newly pregnant also coincided with the end of the season for Glee and I swear it almost gave me a complex that maybe I was like the wife and just had a "hysterical pregnancy"! It made me feel a lot better when at 9 weeks we went in and got our ultrasound. I think Troy and I were both a little surprised to see that there really is a baby in there.

But now I have moved on and as 2010 rolled in, so did the noticeable parts of this pregnancy. I wore a dress for New Year's and noticed a distinct but small bump. Here is a picture so you can see:



And ever since then, it has become more noticeable, at least to me. I even went shopping with my sister last weekend for maternity clothes for the first time and my friend Megan was nice enough to give me a huge tub of her stuff. Let me tell you...it feels soooo much better! I was tired of not being able to button my pants and trying to find tops long enough and loose enough to wear to work (or just out in public). It's funny...I saw someone this weekend who casually said to the third person in our party, "It's so funny...when you're first pregnant you just can't wait to start wearing those maternity clothes!" and I was thinking, "Well heck yeah! Who wouldn't want to wear pants with a comfy elastic panel?" I can promise you I know some non-pregnant people (Troy) who wouldn't mind having a pair of these jeans. ;)

Here is a picture taken at 12 weeks, on New Year's Day. The baby decided to show up for 2010!

1 comment:

JaclynJohnson said...

such cute pics holly! be glad that you felt great the 1st trimester.