Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Four Weeks Already!

I can't believe that four weeks ago right now, I was laboring away, waiting on the arrival of our sweet Lainey. I am just so amazed at how different our life is now! It has been challenging for sure but definitely a change for the better. :) We are slowly settling into things and figuring out this parenting business. Lainey has really been a great baby and is already growing and changing. She looks a lot more like her Daddy now (which makes him extremely pleased with himself) and she is starting to fill out and not be such a skinny little baby. She's still in newborn sizes (something I thought she would never wear!) but her legs are growing faster than anything else. She has footie pajamas that she loves and I think I'm going to have to cut the feet out of them soon! They still fit everywhere else but it's getting hard to shove her feet in them. :) She is also working hard on various expressions and Troy swears he's gotten a few little smiles out of her. I mostly get her serious old man face or her excited "oooh" face (especially when she's getting ready to eat). She is just such a cutie! I seem to be getting even less sleep lately though as her eating habits seem to be evolving. She used to eat every 3-4 hours for about 10-15 minutes and only on one side (the doctors said she's a "very efficient eater"). Now she wants to eat every 2 hours for 10-20 minutes and sometimes she even wants back on after being burped. This is making it extremely hard to get anything done in about the hour that I have between feedings now. I sure wish she would start eating more like 20 minutes every 4 hours but we'll see! Right now, when Lainey wants to eat, Lainey gets to eat.



In other news, I went shopping yesterday to try to find some "transitional" clothes. I tried on clothes all over the mall for hours with my Mom. What did I end up getting? A meternity top that was on clearance at Destination Maternity. I feel like I'm going backwards...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ack! I'll bring you some "transitional" capris this afternoon! I have dark blue and khaki colored ones.

JaclynJohnson said...

She is soooo cute, Holly!!! I'm glad things are going so well for you all!