Friday, August 13, 2010

Happy Friday the 13th!

It's actually started out pretty well around here. Troy had to go to the bank this morning and worked remotely some so he hung out a little longer than usual which was nice. And after he left, Lainey fell asleep in her bouncy seat (and still is!) so I was able to shower, get dressed, start doing some laundry and lay out what needs to be packed for our quick trip to Goldsboro this weekend. Not too shabby!

Anywho...as I was packing and having my usual trouble lately of what to wear, I had to ask a couple of questions:
1) Why are nursing tanks and tops so fitted? With my post-pregnant flabby belly, I am not really feeling like wearing anything form-fitting. Also, my boobs are huge and these tops are all just super low cut tanks. So you can imagine it: my giant rack all out on display and then my soft belly pudged out just below that. Really nice.
2) Why don't the people who make maternity clothes go ahead and make them so they are also later conducive to nursing? This isn't something I thought about while pregnant but now all I feel comfortable in are my maternity tops but they all have to be pulled up from the bottom to nurse and this is kind of annoying.

I think I need to make a trip to Target and get some new clothes.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

you've just written what I've wondered now through two kids! Maybe you should create a new clothing line for this reason!

mamacarson said...

Button down shirts became my best friends when I was nursing. You can unbutton from the top down or bottom up. Throw a receiving blanket over your shoulder for privacy.