Thursday, August 26, 2010

Growing like a weed...

...but as pretty as a flower!



Lainey had her one month doctor's appointment this week. She now weighs 9 lbs, 4 oz and is 22.5" long! That is quite a lot of growth and the doctor was extremely impressed. Guess I can stop worrying that she's not getting enough food from breastfeeding. :) And I think we should get her a basketball soon considering she's in the 98 percentile for height! I knew she would be tall but yeesh! I just can't believe how much she is growing up right in front of me. Even this morning, I swear she's gotten bigger overnight. She has still exclusively been in newborn outfits but they are starting to get a little small (and her newborn pants are all totally too short...I think all her lengthening has been in her legs!). She's also still in newborn diapers which is a surprise. Guess we'll buy another box of those...

In other Lainey news, her umbilical stump fell off around 3 weeks and she got her first real bath last week (at 4 weeks...I wanted to be sure to give her belly button time to heal).



See that cute belly button?? :) She started out okay but then her Daddy was taking too long and she got cold.



She has also started practicing her smiles. She is so cute...she usually opens her mouth and then turns the corners up into a big gummy grin. I have been trying to capture it on camera:



No comments: