Thursday, August 12, 2010

Long time, no post

I am still around people! And doing much better, thanks. :) Thankfully I got over the mastitis of last week and now we are working on getting my left nipple to heal from the bad cracking (sorry...you just have to deal with these kind of details from a breastfeeding mommy!). It is still pretty painful so I went to see the lactation consultant at my pediatrician's office today. She is so nice and actually lives in my neighborhood. She was really helpful and said we're doing great (I admitted that we hadn't been but I have been diligent lately about researching proper latch and working towards that at each feeding). So hopefully things will get all cleared up on that front soon (the prescription-strength nipple cream she is starting me on should also help).

Anywho...let's not talk about the boobs for a minute, shall we?

Last weekend I took Lainey on her first road trip. I wondered if I was stupid, crazy or both but it actually turned out really great. My sister came up Thursday evening and then us three girls drove to Jamestown Friday morning to my parents' house. Then we all loaded up (in two cars...there was no way all of us plus the pack 'n play were going to fit in one vehicle) and headed to Georgetown, SC to my grandmother's house. It proved to be a bit more eventful than I would have liked when we hit a monstrous storm a little more than halfway there. It rained so hard most people had to pull off the highway or slow down and put their hazards on (we did both eventually). It was also so loud that it woke up my blissful traveler (have I mentioned that Lainey loves the carseat and that it works better than Ambian and a cocktail on her?). Then she of course needed to eat and be changed. That was interesting because it all had to be done in the car in a Hardees parking lot. But it all worked out and we arrived safely to find nearly my Mom's whole side of the family waiting at my grandmother's to meet Lainey. Needless to say, she was a hit and they all said how cute she was. She even scored some more baby gifts (she is so spoiled!).

The next day, we drove to Charleston for my cousin's engagement party. That was also a lot of fun but it was again interesting and challenging having to constantly go upstairs to nurse or change her. We're getting there.

Here is a (really bad) picture of 4 generations, spanning in age from just over 2 weeks to very nearly 91 years old:

No comments: