Monday, October 11, 2010

Funny Phonics

I just wanted to get this down so I wouldn't forget...Lainey has been making all kinds of vocal strides in the past couple of weeks. I have a feeling that she will be a bit of a talker (gee, I can't imagine where she got that from! She is definitely Troy's mini-me.). She now has very distinct words/sounds for her moods. For example, things that end in "-ing" are her "I'm upset" sound. I have been waked in the night to her frantically calling out "ghing ghing ghing!" She also says "bing" and I swear she says "un-GEE!" (like she's saying she's hungry). I'm not crazy...Troy has heard it too! When she is happy and content, she makes "oo" sounds. She has been practicing for Halloween with her "boo"s but it is becoming more of a "boof." One of my favorites is when she is really happy and she smiles really big and goes, "hoo!" (that was likely was she was doing in the picture April send in the post below...I know that face!). Lainey has also been laughing a lot. She gets tickled with herself and will squeal. Then she kind of looks surprised like, "Did that noise come out of me?". I keep trying to capture her talking and laughing on video but she is wise to both my phone and the camera (both of which can record videos). Yesterday she was talking up a storm to me but the second I hit the record button, she clamps up and stares at the camera apprehensively. So I have minute-long videos of her giving it a look. Which is still cute, but not exactly what I was going for.

Overall, she is just growing up so much! I can't believe it...she seems bigger every day when I pick her up from daycare. April even commented today that she looks like she grew over the weekend. She really is getting bigger, as evidenced by these thighs:



She pays attention to us more and seems more aware in general. She is also moving her hands and arms with more purpose and not just the general flailing of a "new" baby. Lately, she's been pulling up her blanket or dress to her mouth and sucking on it (or her fist...just whatever gets stuffed in her mouth). I always thought she looked like a little Peanuts character but I never really pegged her as a Linus.



Super cute baby belly!! :)

No comments: